Chinese Proverb

"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I may remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Chinese Proverb.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Lesson #119A (03/05/13): Tango

Typing this post a few days later (again) so it's lacking a lot of detail.
_______________

It's been a while since I've had a lesson at the college I'm attending, but Adam happened to be there so we scheduled our lesson at the school instead. The practice rooms were packed! We finally found a room in the last hallway with a piano.

I was working on a Tango for cello quartet and unfortunately, tangos have complicated rhythms which is my weakness!
Every time I have to count something I just lose track of my bowing, fingering and intonation so Adam pointed out some hints so I could play and not count all the time, like listening for certain notes as cues when to start playing, or looking for another part that is playing the same rhythm I am, which Clayton calls "rhythm buddies." So Adam would play a different part with the same rhythm so I could get the rhythm into my head.

I really should learn how to count out rhythms... ugh... on my To-Do List!


No comments:

Post a Comment